On Friday, February 5, Queens’ MarketPlace came alive with the exciting rhythms of Taiko drummers and the pageantry of the Lion Dancers, as Waikoloa Beach Resort welcomed the Year of the Monkey.
Revelers brought lycee (red envelopes) ready with “lettuce” to feed the Lion and ensure good health and fortune in 2016. Queens’ MarketPlace restaurants set up booths in the courtyard and served delicious cuisine to more than 1,000 attendees.
Throughout the month of February, Waikoloa Beach Resort — from Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Kohala Suites and Bay Club, to the Kings’ Shops and Waikoloa Beach Marriott and Spa — welcomed the Year of the Monkey with festive celebrations and Lion Dancers
Mahalo for Your Food Samplings!
- Charley’s Thai Cuisine – Curry Fried Rice & Chicken Satay
- Daylight Mind Café & Restaurant – Mango Sticky Rice
- Hilton Waikoloa Village – Citrus Marinated Char Siu
- Ippy’s Hawaiian BBQ – Teriyaki Chicken
- Island Gourmet Markets – Furikake Chicken
- Lemongrass Express – Orange Chicken
- Marble Slab Creamery – Peach and Black Cherry Ice Cream
- Paradise Pizza and Grill – Pork Adobo
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Mac N Cheese Bites
- Sansei Seafood, Steak and Sushi Bar – Braised Asian Pork Belly
- Starbucks – Green Tea Frappuccino
- Sushi Shiono – Assortment of Sushi Rolls (Volcano Roll, Dragon Roll, Tuna Roll, Cucumber Roll, California Roll, and Spicy Tuna Roll)
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott – Roast Duck Manapua
- Roy’s Waikoloa – Thai Style Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- Mai Grille – Smoked Fish with Miso
- Tropics Ale House – Smoked Meat Fried Rice & Chinese Five Spice Chicken
- Dairy Queen – Snack Melts: Buffalo Chicken, Chicken Bacon BBQ, Chicken Quesadilla, & Smoothies: Strawberry Banana , Pina Colada, Mango Pineapple and Orange Original.