Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Seating begins at 5:00 p.m.
The beachfront Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is the place to be for a taste of Hawaiian cultural offerings at the new Sunset Luau. Billed as Hawaii Island’s most authentic luau show at sunset, the entertainment takes guests on a journey to Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa and Hawaii through the songs and dances of these Pacific Island cultures, including the spellbinding Samoan fire knife dancing. It is a spectacular sight against the dazzling backdrop of the picturesque sunsets over ‘Anaeho‘omalu Bay.
*Held every Monday and Wednesday at the resort’s Luau Grounds
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased from 4pm on Mondays and Wednesdays at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa concierge desk. Seating begins at 5:00 p.m. Large parties are advised to arrive at the Luau Grounds early accommodate group seating. For more information or to make reservations, please call 808.886.8111 or visit sunsetluau.com.
The Sunset Luau includes:
- Traditional ceremony to unearth the imu (underground oven) to reveal the Kalua Pig that will be enjoyed during dinner
- Open bar with specialty Hawaiian cocktails
- Hawaiian dinner buffet by Executive Sous Chef Jayson Kanekoa featuring traditional and contemporary dishes
- Aloha welcome with picture-taking
- Hawaiian crafts and games including ‘ulu maika (bowling with a round stone through wood pegs), coconut husking and Polynesian tattoos
- Pu (conch shell) blowing contest
- Talk story with Hawaiian entertainers
- Lively Polynesian music and dance performances culminating with the spellbinding Samoan fire knife dance!
- General seating prices are $102 (without taxes) for adults and $48 for children 6-12 years old. Keiki five years old and under will attend for free.
- Premier seating includes preferred first row seating, lei greeting and Hawaiian pupu (appetizer) for an additional $25 per seat.
- Rates are inclusive of gratuity and are plus tax. Subject to change without notice.