Monday April 23, 2012
Seating begins at 5:00 p.m.
Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
The beachfront Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is the place to be for a taste of Hawaiian cultural offerings at the new Sunset Luau. Billed as Hawaii Island’s most authentic luau show at sunset, the entertainment takes guests on a journey to Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa and Hawaii through the songs and dances of these Pacific Island cultures, including the spellbinding Samoan fire knife dancing. It is a spectacular sight against the dazzling backdrop of the picturesque sunsets over ‘Anaeho‘omalu Bay.
Held every Saturday and Wednesday at the resort’s Luau Grounds, the Sunset Luau includes:
- Traditional ceremony to unearth the imu (underground oven) to reveal the Kalua Pig that will be enjoyed during dinner
- Open bar with specialty Hawaiian cocktails
- Hawaiian dinner buffet by Executive Sous Chef Jayson Kanekoa featuring traditional and contemporary dishes
- Aloha welcome with picture-taking
- Hawaiian crafts and games including ‘ulu maika (bowling with a round stone through wood pegs), coconut husking and Polynesian tattoos
- Pu (conch shell) blowing contest
- Talk story with Hawaiian entertainers
- Lively Polynesian music and dance performances culminating with the spellbinding Samoan fire knife dance!
- General seating prices are $102 (without taxes) for adults and $48 for children 6-12 years old. Keiki five years old and under will attend for free.
- Premier seating includes preferred first row seating, lei greeting and Hawaiian pupu (appetizer) for an additional $25 per seat.
- Rates are inclusive of gratuity and are plus tax. Subject to change without notice.
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased from 4pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa concierge desk. Seating begins at 5:00 p.m. Large parties are advised to arrive at the Luau Grounds early accommodate group seating. Tickets cans be purchased from 4pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Luau Desk. For more information or to make reservations, please call 808.886.8111 or visit sunsetluau.com.