Seating begins at 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Saturday 05:30 pm
The beachfront Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is the place to be for a taste of Hawaiian cultural offerings at the new Sunset Luau. Billed as Hawaii Island’s most authentic luau show at sunset, the entertainment takes guests on a journey to Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa and Hawaii through the songs and dances of these Pacific Island cultures, including the spellbinding Samoan fire knife dancing. It is a spectacular sight against the dazzling backdrop of the picturesque sunsets over ‘Anaeho‘omalu Bay.
Held every Saturday and Wednesday at the resort’s Luau Grounds, the Sunset Luau includes:
- Traditional ceremony to unearth the imu (underground oven) to reveal the Kalua Pig that will be enjoyed during dinner
- Open bar with specialty Hawaiian cocktails
- Hawaiian dinner buffet by Executive Sous Chef Jayson Kanekoa featuring traditional and contemporary dishes
- Aloha welcome with picture-taking
- Hawaiian crafts and games including ‘ulu maika (bowling with a round stone through wood pegs), coconut husking and Polynesian tattoos
- Pu (conch shell) blowing contest
- Talk story with Hawaiian entertainers
- Lively Polynesian music and dance performances culminating with the spellbinding Samoan fire knife dance!
- General seating prices are $102 (without taxes) for adults and $48 for children 6-12 years old. Keiki five years old and under will attend for free.
- Premier seating includes preferred first row seating, lei greeting and Hawaiian pupu (appetizer) for an additional $25 per seat.
- Rates are inclusive of gratuity and are plus tax. Subject to change without notice.
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased from 4pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa concierge desk. Seating begins at 5:00 p.m. Large parties are advised to arrive at the Luau Grounds early accommodate group seating. Tickets cans be purchased from 4pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Luau Desk. For more information or to make reservations, please call 808.886.8111 or visit sunsetluau.com.
April 24, 2014
|06:30 am||Kings’ Course Driving Range is Open||Golf Courses|
|07:00 am||Big Island Spectacular
Daily Tour times: 7:00am, 9:15am, 12:15pm, and 2:30pm
|09:00 am||Snorkel Intro*||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Kona Pool|
|09:15 am||Glass Bottom Boat
Trips depart at 9:15, 10:00, 10:45, 11:30, 12:30 and 1:15
|Queens' MarketPlace / A-Bay Ocean Sports Kiosk|
|09:30 am||Seaside Putting Course||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Ocean View Terrace|
|09:30 am||Free Guided Petroglyph Tours||Kings' Shops / Meet at Kings' Shops center stage.|
|09:30 am||Koi Feeding Daily||Queens' MarketPlace|
|11:30 am||Aqua Aerobics*||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Kona Pool|
|12:15 pm||Kohala Coast Adventure
Daily Tour times: 12:15pm, 1:15pm, 2:15pm, and 3:15pm
|12:45 pm||‘Ukulele||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Ocean View Terrace|
|01:45 pm||Ka Hana Lei / Lei Making||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Ocean View Terrace|
|05:00 pm||Kevin Teves with Hula
5:00 - 9:00 pm
|Lava Lava Beach Club|
|05:30 pm||Sansei - Early Bird Specials
|06:00 pm||Glow Golf||Hilton Waikoloa Village|
|07:00 pm||Ukulele Music by Uncle Uke||Kings' Shops|
|08:00 pm||Star Gazing||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Kohala Tennis Court #1|
|10:45 pm||Hula Class||Hilton Waikoloa Village / Ocean View Terrace|