5 Ways to Tell the Family What You Really Want for Father’s Day
Daddy, Pops, Father Man, Coach, Uncle, Gramps, Banker, Pest Controller, Mechanic, Mediator (with Mom), Taxi Driver, shoulder to cry on and sometimes rule-enforcer. You have a big job description, Dad, and don’t think we haven’t noticed. That’s why Waikoloa Beach Resort wants to help you enjoy this Father’s Day more than ever—your way. Chances are good that you don’t need any more coffee mugs, baseball caps or fishing gear, but how do you let the family know? Here are five simple tips to help give them the hint.
- 1. Get on the ball. Sneak a golf ball into your pants pocket on laundry day. It’s sure to get someone’s attention in the dryer. And to make sure they book the spectacular Beach Course or Kings’ Course at Waikoloa, use an indelible marker to write this number on the ball: 886-7888.
- 2. Put on your puka pants. Wear your oldest, most raggedy board shorts or faded, worn-out aloha shirt. If somebody mentions it, sigh and say, “Yes, I know, but I just haven’t had time to go shopping for a new one.” Don’t know where to look? Here are some ideas: http://www.waikoloabeachresort.com/index.php/big-island-shopping
- 3. Beach about it. Change your screen saver to a wistful ocean view, or make your ring tone sound like the surf. Absent-mindedly sing “White Sandy Beach” while you’re driving the kids to school. Shuffle through the garage for your snorkel and fins. And when they ask about it, just say, “I sure miss going to the beach with you guys.” Remember, one of the island’s favorite beaches, ‘Anaeho‘omalu, is easy to reach and a fun place to play—with plenty of free parking and lots of choices for snacks, beach supplies and cold drinks close by.
- 4. Hunger games. At dinner time (after you compliment whatever’s on the table), say, “Wow, this is so delicious—it reminds me of the wonderful ________ we had at ________ !” (fill in the blanks with your favorite food and restaurant). Need a couple of suggestions? Check out these great choices for family dining: http://www.waikoloabeachresort.com/index.php/big-island-dining
- 5. DIY. Do it like Frank Sinatra—your way! Book a mini family stay-cay at a Waikoloa Beach Resort condo, vacation home or hotel, and surprise them with a getaway weekend with all the amenities. Relax by the pool, dine out in style, splash in the ocean, meet your friends for a round of golf and treat yourself like the #1 Dad you really are.
Happy Father’s Day from Waikoloa Beach Resort!